Enjoy your stay in Cosne-sur-Loire and discover the Sancerre region. Many activities are possible to please to the greatest number. Whether you are a family, a couple or friends, you will spend pleasant moments in the Sancerre and take the time to relax and recharge your batteries.
Here are some ideas for walks in the Sancerre or activities along the Loire during your stay at the Prieuré Saint Agnan:
Visit Cosne-sur-Loire and its surroundings
The town of Cosne-sur-Loire is full of little wonders that will enchant you like :
- the museum of the Loire,
- the Museum of the Agricultural Machine.
Be sure to admire the façade of the Eden Cinema which is classified as a historical monument. Inside two very modern rooms welcome you for a session.
Also enjoy your stay, to stroll through the streets of the city and discover shopekeepers passionate about their work.
If you like good food and good wines, go to the market on Wednesday and Sunday morning. The local producers sell local products that will please the gourmets!
You can also visit the various winegrowers of the region. Do not hesitate to consult our page dedicated to the different wine tours possible to organize your tasting course.
Visit of farms
The farms of Port Aubry and Saint Fargeau welcome you and make you discover the animals and the various trades of the farm. Guaranteed success with children!
Visitez le chantier médiéval de Guedelon et découvrez le travail minutieux et précis des différents artisans qui œuvrent pour la rénovation du château. Vous pourrez également découvrir un moulin datant du Moyen-Age.
And if you go a little further to discover the region?
The Sancerre is a beautiful region with wonderful landscapes and splendid monuments to visit. Here is our selection of visits to make during your stay at the Prieuré Saint Agnan:
- the "pont canal de Briare"
- Saint-Amand-en-Puisaye and its potters
- the château de Saint-Fargeau
- Saint-Sauveur-en-Puisaye, where Colette was born
- the Pays de Puisaye - Forterre
- Charité-Sur-Loire, inscribed in the patrimony of Unesco
- the village of potters and ceramists : la Borne
- Gien with its museum of faiencerie and the shops of direct sale of factory
- Nevers, Bourges, Clamecy, Vezelay,
- Sully sur Loire and the first "châteaux de la Loire" (Chambord at 125 km)